The Level 3 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace is for candidates wishing to gain a thorough understanding of health and safety. This higher level Health and Safety qualification is suitable for candidates in management roles, or those seeking further career development in the field of Health and Safety.
You are usually expected to complete this course within 1 to 6 weeks depending on your enrolment. The course has a 30 hours guided learning requirement. The total qualification time for the course is 30 hours.
By the end of the course, you should be able to:
- Understand the requirements for health, safety and welfare in the workplace
- Understand the benefits of using a safety management system
- Understand the principles of risk assessment
- Understand the risks and control methods for common workplace hazards
- Understand how to manage the effects of accidents and incidents